Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rounded corners on a quilt

Have just finished machine stitching bindings on three doll quilts (damn those mitered corners!). By chance I happened upon this post just now.... brilliant! Rounded corners... I wouldn't have thought of that... which is what I love about the blogosphere. So much inspiration and so many good ideas!

Now that I've started sewing again, I realized how much I've missed it. I think it actually makes me a better mom. I'm happier and more relaxed when I have sewing projects on the go.

I just ordered a few fabrics from fabricworm. I'm planning a special quilt for Ian for his 4th birthday and a baby quilt for a very good friend who is expecting a boy. The stars of these quilts will be these sweet organic fabrics (with lots of blues, oranges, greens and browns thrown in). 



Sewing aside, my heart has been very heavy these last few days thinking of the people of Japan. I just cannot fathom what they are going through. I had nightmares about it last night.  It seems very surreal.

I pray for the people of Japan and for mother earth.

1 comment:

Weaveron Textile said...

That fabric is very nice and that prints is very pretty..

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?