Saturday, December 18, 2010

What's in the pot?

Have I mentioned I love my crock-pot? Before going out today I threw the following ingredients into the crock-pot and came home to a really nice chili. This is the first time I've made this recipe. Next time I make it I will, use milder chili powder so that Ian can eat it, I will only put a splash of the broth (I reduced it to a quarter cup but I think even less would be better since very little moisture seeps out of crock-pots making for a bit of a soupy chili). I also omitted the salt. The chocolate really gave it a neat and subtle flavor. I didn't actually put any beans in it... I sort of forgot, and it was still good! It would also have been good topped with a little blue cheese and a sprinkle of green onion and served with brown rice, quinoa, your favorite pasta, or toasted pita bread.

1 comment:

Annie Bananie said...

Chocolate eh? Would have never thought but it sounds great. I might just have to start using my crocky again :) Nice seeing you today. Glad to toys came home with you ;)

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?