Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mad(e) with love for Zoë

This weekend I went to the textiles place near my house. I was looking for fabric to finish my 'coin stack quilt' (see pics in another post below). My trip was a bit of a bust. I couldn't find anything that works. Not sure what color I should use to join the coin stacks. I was thinking pink since it's for a little girl but I can't find a pink that works. I might end up using a cream instead. I just couldn't decide so I didn't get anything. It looks like this project is on hold until I figure out what I'm going to do....


I did end up buying this fabric which I quite like. It was on sale and there is something about it that really speaks to me. It reminds me of a few dresses my mom made for my sister and I when we were younger. I love the saturation of the pinkish reds and blues. It has an 'old school - eighties-ish' feel to it. I'm going to make my 8 year old niece Zoë a blouse using the Oliver and S 'sailboat top' pattern. I'm really excited about it... just waiting for the pattern to come in the mail!

No comments:

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?