Sunday, March 23, 2008

Change#13 - No more magazines

I'm still working on greening our mailbox (what else, could I possibly do, you ask?). Well I cancelled all of my magazine subscriptions this week. I love reading magazines, but lately (in the last 10 and half months or so) I find I just don't have as much time to read as I used to. When I do have time, I'd rather read something that really inspires me, and the two magazines I was subscribed to, just don't fit the bill. Besides, now that I'm 'seeing things green', that pile of magazines sitting in my closet (that I'll be donating to someone) seems like such a waste of trees.
As an added bonus, this also means I'll be exposed to a few less advertisements begging me oh. so. subtly. to spend money on crappy products that promise to bring me closer to that ever elusive state of perfection. It's really no wonder that none of us feels: pretty enough, smart enough, thin enough, strong enough, good enough.

No comments:

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?