Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

This year for Valentine's day I've asked Derek not to buy me anything. I don't need flowers, a card or chocolates to know that he loves me. He shows me that every day in the little things that he does (like doing the dishes, plowing the driveway, going to work even on days when he doesn't feel like it, making me laugh, appreciating my cooking, being a good Dad, letting me cuddle up to him even when my legs resemble cacti etc). This is not to say that I don't appreciate thoughtful (eco-friendly) surprises now and then. I just prefer them when they aren't mandated by Hallmark and Hershey's.

Although I don't want anything he might like a little something, so when I'm out tomorrow I could get him some organic fair trade chocolate by Cocoa Camino from Herb and Spice on Bank street. I could also write him a love letter telling him how much I appreciate him, which I think is probably the way I'm going to go. No one writes love letters anymore. I've been thinking about doing it for some time. It's free and it's meaningful which is perfect!

No comments:

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?