Sunday, January 13, 2008

Change #3 - bye bye 'free' stuff

A long time ago, a friend introduced me to ‘Clinique Bonus Days’. Every few months either at The Bay or Sears if you buy over a certain amount of Clinique beauty products they will give you a free makeup bag filled with sample size goodies of creams and lipstick - I have been hooked ever since. What’s more fun than a makeup bag full of free stuff?

The sad truth is that I have a dozen lipsticks that are the wrong color and little jars (that can’t be recycled) of different types of cream that I don’t need, and have never used, sitting in my closet. I realize now too, that most of these products contain toxins and chemicals (formaldehyde and phthalates to name a few) that I probably shouldn’t be slathering on my body.

If you want to see how toxic your own beauty products are, go to the Environmental Working Group’s cosmetic database at: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

So change #3 is that I will be changing my moisturizer from a Clinique product to Druide's pur/pure certified organic face and body lotion. There are lots to things to love about this product: 1) 100% of the ingredients are of natural origin, 2) it is biodegradable 3) not tested on animals 4) made in Canada 5) MUCH less expensive than my old moisturizer 6) certified organic 7) the tube it comes in can be recycled (the Clinique jar can't be) and 8) the company is ethical, they respect the environment and human health. Check out its company Charter: http://www.druide.ca/catalog/charte.php?language=en

Something tells me I won't miss any of that 'free' stuff.

Update: Our energy audit is scheduled for this Friday January 18th at 13:00. I'm super excited about it!

No comments:

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?